=]FTC[=
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FoR THe CaRToOnS

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Active Members
=]FTC[=WileE.CoyoteMy AAO Stats  
=]FTC[=BugsBunnyMy AAO Stats  
=]FTC[=DaffyDuckMy AAO Stats  
=]FTC[=SNoOpY-DoGMy AAO Stats  
=]FTC[=PepeLePewMy AAO Stats  
=]FTC[=MickeyMouseMy AAO Stats  
=]FTC[=Link             My AAO Stats  

Please Note only Members with working BattleTracker accounts are shown
Other Clans
Add your link!

FTC HAS HONOR

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Wile E.Coyote
Clan Master
Clan Master
Wile E.Coyote

GAH! : 2147483647

FTC HAS HONOR Empty
PostSubject: FTC HAS HONOR   FTC HAS HONOR Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 11:53 pm

woot bout time we got honor lol

FTC HAS HONOR Ftc_ho10
Back to top Go down
https://forthecartoons.forumotion.com
SNoOpY-DoG
General
General
SNoOpY-DoG

GAH! : 747

FTC HAS HONOR Empty
PostSubject: Re: FTC HAS HONOR   FTC HAS HONOR Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 6:05 pm

awesome! does that mean there will be more admins? lol. people have been begging for me to change map and fc but i said no cos i wasnt admin so they were all upset Sad
Back to top Go down
=]FTC[=Link
Major
Major
=]FTC[=Link

GAH! : 133

FTC HAS HONOR Empty
PostSubject: Re: FTC HAS HONOR   FTC HAS HONOR Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 3:52 am

Yes i would like to be an admin of a "SERVER" not the clan.
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.com/
SNoOpY-DoG
General
General
SNoOpY-DoG

GAH! : 747

FTC HAS HONOR Empty
PostSubject: Re: FTC HAS HONOR   FTC HAS HONOR Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 10:37 am

lol i'd still admin the server if i have time to go on to play -.- and install AA2 again...

i have aa2 on my other comp though Wink
Back to top Go down
Wile E.Coyote
Clan Master
Clan Master
Wile E.Coyote

FTC HAS HONOR Empty
PostSubject: Re: FTC HAS HONOR   FTC HAS HONOR Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 5:05 pm

copy and paste it over... it works fine ive done that Razz
Back to top Go down
=]FTC[=Link
Major
Major
=]FTC[=Link

FTC HAS HONOR Empty
PostSubject: Re: FTC HAS HONOR   FTC HAS HONOR Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 11:05 pm

Wile i have seen other clans let alot of there normal members adminastrate a server but not in the clan.

Would it be ok if i could considering you guys aren't always on when im on?

I know you said i can't be an admin of the clan which is ok im asking to adminastrate the FTC server as you know.
Back to top Go down
Wile E.Coyote
Clan Master
Clan Master
Wile E.Coyote

FTC HAS HONOR Empty
PostSubject: Re: FTC HAS HONOR   FTC HAS HONOR Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 8:18 pm

the server owner has stopped playing so we will be losing the server sumtime this month...
Back to top Go down
=]FTC[=Link
Major
Major
=]FTC[=Link

FTC HAS HONOR Empty
PostSubject: Re: FTC HAS HONOR   FTC HAS HONOR Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 6:31 am

that is tweety right?

Well i can hook you up with a no-honor free server...I dont know how to work it but i will get it asap.
Back to top Go down
=]FTC[=Link
Major
Major
=]FTC[=Link

FTC HAS HONOR Empty
PostSubject: Re: FTC HAS HONOR   FTC HAS HONOR Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 11:25 am

The content of this post may seem a bit confusing, so please bare with me as I explain it. If you have any additional questions, or need clarification on something, feel free to create a new topic.

Part One
Create the Server

a) America's Army Server Manager (AASM)
b) Manually Edit

1) Server.ini
2) Tournament Mode Specific Settings
3) RunServer.bat

Part Two

Open/Forward the Ports on your Router/Firewall

a) Routers

1) Ports
b) Firewalls

1) Exceptions

Part Three

Register and Authorize the Server

a) Personal Jacket Input

Part Four

Run the Server

a) RunServer.bat

Part Five

Links, Content and FAQ's

a) Links
b) Content

1) Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)

Last edited by grey_foxx on 20 Mar 2005 17:00; edited 52 times in total
m_pollock

Sergeant Major

Posted: 02 Jul 2007 07:15

Part One

Create the Server

a) America's Army Server Manager (AASM)

The America's Army Server Manager (AASM) gives you complete control when creating custom Server configurations, or ?Server setups? for America?s Army. Whether you wish to create a LAN tournament or a standard Server to host over the Internet, you can quickly and easily create the required configuration files. AASM features an easy to use Server configuration Wizard. More advanced options are available by editing the completed setups for even more precise control. AASM also provides the capability to control and monitor Servers remotely. You can view this tutorial to help you with using the manager, and create a basic Server. If you would like to manually create the Server, "the hard way", let's move on.

b) Manually Edit

Manually editing or setting up a Server can be a breeze if you refer to this tutorial.

1) Server.ini

Your Server.ini file is located in your America's Army\System. In some cases, Server Providers use the configuration file ArmyOps.ini (the old default .ini file name) instead of Server.ini (the now default .ini file name). Open it [with notepad/wordpad] and let's discuss what is listed, and what can be changed.

[URL]

Port=1716 --> You only need to change this if you want the server to run on a different port other than 1716.

[Engine.GameEngine]

CacheSizeMegs=64 --> ?The recommendation for CacheSizeMegs is half your RAM amount, but in my own testing setting it to 64 seems to be the best? - [RIP]Hydra.

Also, straight out of the Server.ini file.

"CacheSizeMegs should generally be left at 64MBs of memory. If you find performance to be slow and you have more than 512MB of memory try increasing this to 128MB. Values beyond 128MB will not provide any appreciable performance increase for America's Army".

[IpDrv.TcpNetDriver]

ConnectionTimeout=180.0 --> Amount of time to wait for a client to send data before disconnecting (bigger the map and map resources, more time needs to be added).

InitialConnectTimeout=1000.0 --> The amount of time to wait for a client to respond after initial connect.

MaxClientRate=10000 --> This is a very important setting which can affect the ping of the connected players.

It is described below:
On 2003-08-14 15:41:12, [RIP]Hydra wrote:
The MaxClientRate is the important one.
This specifies the bandwidth the server will attempt to use per client.

A setting of 20000 should ONLY be used in a true LAN, not an internet server in LAN mode, but on an actual LAN match/game.

The highest setting you should use for internet play is 10000, and that?s only if you have like a T1 or higher or if your only going to host a small number of players. With your upstream I?d say like maybe 6-8.

Cable hosters almost always benefit by dropping that number down to like 7000-8000 (if not lower), which still provides a very playable game.

The trick with that setting is to just play with it till you find the right number for your specific connection vs the number of people you want to host. It?s really just a trial and error thing until you get it.

When I run my development server, which is on Cable with a 256 upstream, I usually get the best performance from a 7000 setting with 6 players max.

The general formula for figuring it out is:

Your upstream in bytes per second / MaxClientRate

So, here?s an example with your upstream.

First, figure out your bytes per second.
361,000 KBs / 8 = 45,125 bytes per second.

Then take your bytes per second and divide it by your MaxClientRate to determine approx. number of players you can host.

45,125 / 10000 = 4 players
45,125 / 8000 = 5 players
45,125 / 7000 = 6 players

Again, that formula is a general rule of thumb to give your players the best performance.

You?ll know your MaxClientRate is too high if you notice that your players pings start getting progressively higher while playing. This happens because the server will start generating more traffic than your connection can handle and the data will start backing up.

If you are still unsure what to set this to, I would say set it to 7000 or leave it default.

ServerTravelPause=4.0 --> Amount of time the server will delay between map cycles (make sure you give the Server enough time to pre-cache the map).

NetServerMaxTickRate=25 --> Maximum frames per second the Server is running at. This is a pretty complex setting involving the MaxClientRate, so unless you know what you?re doing, you will want to keep this at default.

LanServerMaxTickRate=35 --> Same as the NetServerMaxTickRate setting above, except it affects LAN Servers only. However, the tick-rate for a LAN Server can be higher than the tick-rate of a net Server (if your CPU can handle it) since all players are locally connected to each other rather than using an internet connection.

MaxConnPerIPPerMinute=5 --> The maximum connections from a single IP in one minute (prevents flooding).

[Engine.AccessControl]

AdminPassword=CHANGETHIS --> Password required to log in as an admin to the Server. Definitely change this; If you do make the Server private (passworded), make sure the password is not the same as the admin password.

GamePassword= --> Determines whether your server is password-locked or not. Enter a password to lock your server. Leave blank to make it open to all players.

;**************************************************************************************
; Player Admin Support
; PlayerAdmins are players who can admin the server while playing.
; Enter the exact username of the players who can be 'PlayerAdmins', one user per line
; using the format:
;
; PlayerAdmin=SomePlayerName
;
; There is no limit to the number of PlayerAdmins you can have.
; NOTE: Authorization is required to have player admins. Player Admins
; on "US Army Official" servers must be in the "admin" group. Player Admins
; on "Leased Official" servers do not have to be in the "admin group".
;
;**************************************************************************************

;PlayerAdmin=name --> This allows a player to join the as a regular player and play in the server, yet still have admin capabilities. Enter the user name of the player you want to give player admin rights to exactly as you would type it on the personnel jacket page when you login. You can add as many player admins as you want, but for each new user name, you must add another ?PlayerAdmin=? line. Be sure to remove the comment (Wink from the beginning of the default line in this file.

[Engine.GameInfo]

MaxSpectators=2 --> Maximum number of spectators allowed on the Server at the same time.

MaxPlayers=26 --> Maximum number of players allowed on the Server at the same time.

MaxAdmins=2 --> Maximum number of Administrators allowed on the Server at the same time.

bEnableStatLogging=True --> Change to "True" if you want to enable stat logging. Stat logging can log every instance that a gun is fired, grenade thrown, person gets hurt, and more. If you enable this, the stat logs will be stored in a folder called stats located at the America?s Army\System\Stats directory. You can use a program such as notepad to view them.
For more stat logging settings, see the [AGP.LogFileStatsInterface] section of this guide (directly below this section).

TimeLimit=10 --> Number of minutes per round.

bDeathMessages=True --> While this line was removed in v2.1 for some reason, it still works. If you wish to, you may add the line to have control over death messages. Change to False to turn off death messages (the messages that appear when someone gets killed).

[IpDrv.GameSpyQR]

"99% of users will not have to change anything in this section, so unless you are sure there is more than one network interface card installed on the server computer, just leave this section alone. If you do have more than one NIC on the server computer, you will need to enable multi-homing."

bNAT=False --> Should not be changed unless using multi-homing.

IP=127.0.0.1 --> Should not be changed unless using multi-homing.

[AGP_Gameplay.AGP_GameTeam]

FFScoreLimit=400 --> Friendly Fire Score Limit; amount of ROE before action is taken.

MaxTeamSize=13 --> Maximum size (in players) per team.

bPlayersBalanceTeams=True --> Determines whether players just joining the server are forced to join the smallest teams or not (prevents teams from getting lop-sided). Change to "False" if you want to ensure that players will always end up on team they want, regardless of team sizes.

bAutoBalanceBetweenRounds=True --> Determines whether the number of players on each team is balanced between rounds.

bNeverAutoBalance=False --> Leave at "False" if you would like to balance the teams (above lines associate with this).

bSpectatePlayersOnly=True --> Determines whether the Scenic Viewpoint is available when spectating. Change to false to allow the scenic viewpoint.

bSpectateFirstPersonOnly=False --> Determines whether players are only allowed to spectate through the first-person view.

bSpectateFriendsOnly=True --> Determines whether players are able to only spectate other players on the same team as they are.

bSpectateBodies=False --> Determines whether players are able to view dead bodies while being a spectator.

bEnableROEKick=True --> Kick if FFScoreLimit met and set to "True"

bEnableROEKickDeath=False --> Death if FFScoreLimit met and set to "True".

[AGP_Gameplay.AGP_GameDeathMatch]

MinNetPlayers= --> Minimum number of players before a game will start.

bCycleMaps=False Whether to switch maps every MatchesBeforeCycle rounds.

RoundsPerMatch=7 --> Number of rounds per match.

MatchesBeforeCycle=1 --> Number of matches before map cycle begins.

bKickIdlePlayersTimed=False --> Change to "True" to kick players who have not moved in the time specified in the IdlePlayerKickTime setting.

bKickIdlePlayersRounds=True --> Enables the kicking of players who do not move from the start location after the number of rounds specified in the IdlePlayerKickRounds setting.

IdlePlayerKickTime=0 --> Number of minutes to wait before automatically kicking an idle player or spectator.

IdlePlayerKickRounds=2 --> Number of rounds to wait before automatically kicking a player who does not move from the start location.

[AGP_Gameplay.AGP_GameMultiPlayer]

bRequireAuthorization=False --> Requires players to be verified by the authentication servers before they can play. If you?re running a Global server, this must be set to "True". If you?re running a LAN server, you can set this to either "True" or "False". If you are trying to host a Non-Mission Capable status user-created map, you need to keep this set to "False".

bMPCheatsEnabled=False --> Whether multi-player cheats are enabled. MP Cheats are not allowed on Official Servers. Find a list of all MP Cheat commands here.

VoteKick_Cooldown=3.000000 --> Number of minutes a player has to wait after initiating a votekick before he can initiate another one (prevents votekick flooding) .

MinHonor=10 --> Minimum Honor allowed on the Server.

Important Note: Regarding players needing to be 15 Honor or higher to join a Special Forces - Exclusive mission, the above setting is overridden if set below 15.

MaxHonor=100 --> Maximum Honor allowed on the Server.

[AGP.AGP_GameInfo]

ForceGameplay=FORCE_None --> Determines whether MILES (Multiple Integrated Laser Engagement System) is used or not. Instead of Live Fire, you could use a laser tag system.

The options are:
FORCE_None - Uses the maps default MILES settings.
FORCE_Normal - Doesn?t use MILES, even if the map is a MILES map by default.
FORCE_MILES - Uses MILES, even if the map isn?t a MILES map by default.

bOpenAllWeaponClassSlots=False --> When "True", this will make every weapon class available, selectable.

bEnableMapTesting=True --> Map and code security testing - when set to "True" player's maps and code are compared vs. Server maps and code.

bEnableCodeTesting=True --> Map and code security testing - when set to "True" player's maps and code are compared vs. Server maps and code.

[Engine.GameReplicationInfo]

ServerName=Another America?s Army Server --> Change to what you want your Server to be named (this is the name that will be displayed in the Server list).

ShortName=Another America?s Army Server --> Change to a shortened name of your Server.

AdminName= --> Enter the name of the admin of the Server.

AdminEmail= --> If you want, enter the e-mail address of the admin.

Region=0 --> Changes the region of the Server displayed on certain Server lists.

The options are:
0 - Any region
1 - Southeast US
2 - Western US
3 - Midwest US
4 - Northwest US, West Canada
5 - Northeast US, East Canada
6 - United Kingdom
7 - Continental Europe
8 - Central Asia, Middle East
9 - Southeast Asia, Pacific
10 - Africa
11 - Australia, New Zealand, Pacific
12 - Central America, South America

MOTDLine1= --> Change to whatever you want the message of the day to be, such as - Welcome to my Server! This will be the message you see in the middle of the screen when you first join the Server.

MOTDLine2= --> 2nd message of the day

MOTDLine3= --> 3rd message of the day

MOTDLine4= --> 4th message of the day

MOTDDisplaySeconds=5 --> Amount of time in seconds that the message(s) of the day will be displayed upon entry of the Server.

bHUDHideAmmoCount=False --> Change to "True" to hide the Ammo Count HUD for all players connected to the Server.

bHUDHideWeaponStatus=False --> Change to "True" to hide the Weapon Status HUD for all players connected to the Server.

bHUDHideWeapon=False --> Change to "True" to hide the Weapon HUD for all players connected to the Server.

bHUDHideGrenades=False --> Change to "True" to hide the Grenades HUD for all players connected to the Server.

bHUDHideHealth=False --> Change to "True" to hide the Health HUD for all players connected to the Server.

bHUDHideMedical=False --> Change to "True" to hide the medical packs shown (if medic) for all players connected to the Server.

bHUDHideCombatEffect=False --> Change to "True" to hide the Combat Effectiveness Meter for all players connected to the server.

bHUDHideOptics=False --> Change to "True" to hide the Optics HUD for all players connected to the Server.

bHUDHideCompass=False --> Change to "True" to hide the Compass for all players connected to the Server.

bHUDHideTimer=False --> Change to "True" to hide the Timer for all players connected to the Server.

bHUDHideObjectives=False --> Change to "True" to hide the Objectives list for all players connected to the Server.

bHUDHideRadar=False --> Change this setting to "True to hide the radar for all players connected to the Server.

[AGP_Gameplay.AGP_MapList]

If you have map cycling enabled, these are the maps your server will cycle through. You can add more multi-player maps and remove the ones you don?t want your Server to run. Rearrange the order to your liking. The Server will start up with the map specified in the RunServer.bat, but after the certain number of matches are over it will begin it?s cycle with the first map in your map list. If you don?t know what the names of the maps are, you can look in your America?s Army\Maps directory.

(If you don?t have map cycling enabled, just leave this section alone.)

MapNum=4 --> This number should equal the number of maps you have in the list.

Maps=SFOasis.aao --> Map slot 1
Maps=SFcsar.aao --> Map slot 2
Maps=SFWaterTreatment.aao --> Map slot 3
Maps=SFBlizzard.aao --> Map slot 4

[DBAuth.DBAuth]

GameServerIP= --> The supplied address must be your actual internet IP address (you can find this at http://www.myipaddress.com), if this is left blank or you supply the IP address for your internal network (such as 192.168.0.x), your server will not be able to accept connections from the internet.

[DBAuth.AuthorizeServerRequestAdapter]

;ServerAuthUsername= --> Authentication user name for Honor. Leave blank or commented (Wink if you don't lease Honor.

;ServerAuthPassword= --> Authentication password for Honor. Leave blank or commented (Wink if you don't lease Honor.

2) Tournament Mode Specific Settings

In the Server.ini file, there are tournament mode specific settings. Below, they are listed and explained.

[Engine.AccessControl]

asTeamPasswords[0]= --> Password to team one (assault), can be left blank.

asTeamPasswords[1]= --> Password to team two (defense), can be left blank.

[AGP_Gameplay.AGP_GameDeathMatch]

bTournamentMode=True --> This must be set to "True" to run a tournament Server.

[AGP_Gameplay.AGP_GameTournament]

asTournamentTeamName[0]=Team Honor --> Tournament team one (assault) name.
asTournamentTeamName[1]=Team Loyalty --> Tournament team one (defense) name.
sMatchName=July 4th Match --> Tournament match name.
sTournamentName=My Tournament --> Tournament name.
sLeagueName=My League's Name --> Tournament league name.

iTournamentRequestDelayTime=30 --> How much time must pass between pause/restart/etc. unfulfilled Team Captain requests.

iTournamentRoundDelayTime=15 --> How long a delay between each round the tournament will pause in seconds.

iTournamentWarmupDuration=3 --> How long the Mission Planning period is (in minute).

iTournamentSwapTime=60 --> How long (in seconds) team captains have to set player weapons when side-swapping occurs.

iTournamentSwapLimit=4 --> How frequently (in rounds) automatic side-swapping will occur. For example, to have automatic side swapping occur after every two rounds set this value to two.

iTournamentPauseLimit=90 --> How long pauses (time-outs) last (in seconds).

bTournamentMercyRule=True --> Whether the tournament will end (ENDEX) based on one team being statistically eliminated from winning.

bTournamentOpenAllWeaponClassSlots=True --> Whether all weapon slots should be available or only those based on the number of players on each team (as is done in standard game modes).

bTournamentTeamCaptainsAllowed=True --> Whether team captains are allowed.

bTournamentTeamPasswordsRequired=False --> Whether team passwords (specific in Engine.AccessControl.asTeamPasswords) are used

bTournamentTieSuddenDeath=True --> Whether ties should be broken using "sudden death" rounds - see documentation for details.

bTournamentTieScore=False --> Whether ties should be broken by calculating team scores - see documentation for details.

bTournamentEnableRandomTeamAssignments=True --> Whether teams should be randomly assigned to assault or defense to start the tournament.

3) RunServer.bat

The RunServer.bat file is used to startup the Server. Let's take a look into editing the file. Right click on it, and select "edit".

You will see the following line, at the bottom of the file.

server.exe LAN Mountain_Pass.aao log=server.log ini=server.ini

Simple enough: Change LAN to GLOBAL if you want a Global Server, Change the map name to the default map you would like the Server to load on.

Last edited by m_pollock on 31 Oct 2007 14:40; edited 4 times in total
m_pollock

Sergeant Major

Posted: 02 Jul 2007 07:15

Part Two

Open/Forward the Ports on your Router/Firewall

a) Routers

If you are behind a router, you will need to enable "port forwarding" and forward the ports listed below in order for your Server to work properly. More information about this can be found in your router's manual, but Port Forward help's out a lot.

UDP - 1716, 1717, 1718, 8777, 27900
TCP - 20025-45, 20046, 20047, 20048, 14200

b) Firewalls

Depending upon the type of firewall you have installed, you may or may not have to open the ports on it. If you have a firewall that allows you to give certain programs access to the internet, you will not have to open the ports. Simply give access to the file Server.exe found in the System directory and it will work fine. If your firewall does not have that feature, you most likely will have to open the ports yourself. To do this, look in the help files of the program or the support section of their web page.

Last edited by m_pollock on 09 Jul 2007 22:49; edited 4 times in total
m_pollock

Sergeant Major

Posted: 02 Jul 2007 07:16

Part Three

Register and Authorize the Server

a) Personal Jacket Update

To register your Server and authorize it, first login to your personal jacket. Click "Register Server" and add your Server information.

Name= Server name
IP Address= External IP Address
Query Port= The default port +1, generally 1717 (since 1716 is the default port)
Connection Speed= Select the connection sped (bandwidth) available to your Server.

You must leave your Server running for it to authorize. Once authorized, it should be listed as such.

Last edited by m_pollock on 09 Jul 2007 22:49; edited 3 times in total
m_pollock

Sergeant Major

Posted: 02 Jul 2007 07:22

Part Four

Run the Server

a) RunServer.bat

You can now go-ahead and double-click RunServer.bat to open the Server. You should see a windows command prompt screen pop-up, this is the Server.exe log. If you do not see this window pop-up, please review back to part two.

To close the Server, close Server.exe or the windows command prompt screen.

Last edited by m_pollock on 09 Jul 2007 22:49; edited 2 times in total
m_pollock

Sergeant Major

Posted: 02 Jul 2007 07:22

Part Five

Links, Content and FAQ's

a) Links
All Console Commands
PunkBuster for Players
PunkBuster for Administrators
AASM/RCU Tutorial
Server Information FAQ
PunkBuster FAQ

b) Content

Thanks to Yapple, Nomercy, Jerome and grey_foxx for the older information.

1) Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)

What are the requirements for running a server?

While there are many different variables that affect the requirements, you will generally need speculations and bandwidth relatively close to this:
8 players ~ 500Mhz CPU, 256MB memory, 160kbps upload speed with a MaxClientRate of 7000
12 players ~ 1Ghz CPU, 384MB memory, 240kbps upload speed with a MaxClientRate of 7000
16 players ~ 1.5Ghz CPU, 512MB memory, 320kbps upload speed with a MaxClientRate of 7000

If you increase the MaxClientRate, you will need a little more upload speed, but a netspeed of 7000 should be fine for just about everyone.

What is multi-homing and how do I configure it for my server?

Simply put, multi-homing is for users who have multiple external connections on their network, meaning it is for users who use multiple Network Interface Cards, thus giving them multiple IP addresses. 99% of users will not have to enable this.
If the server machine is on a LAN, but only uses one NIC, you will not have to enable multi-homing.
If the server machine has a dynamic IP address, but only uses one NIC, you will not have to enable multi-homing.

If you?re not sure whether you need to enable it or not, just try it with it disabled and if it doesn?t work then try enabling it.

To enable it on the server, fist, edit the RunServer.bat or RunServerTournament.bat file. Add a ?mulithome=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx? to the end of the command line, where the x?s are the server?s WAN/Public IP. (example: server.exe global pipeline.aao log=server.log ini=server.ini multihome=123.456.789.101)

Next, go into the *.ini file you are using for the server and look for the [IpDrv.GameSpyQR] section. Where it says ?;IP=1.2.3.4?, delete the ?;? and set the IP to the WAN/Public IP of the server. Where it says ?bNAT=True?, change it to False.
example:
[IpDrv.GameSpyQR]
IP=123.456.789.101
bNAT=False

When people try to connect to my server, all it says is ?Trying to connect to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx? and never connects.

If you?re behind a router, make sure you have all the necessary ports forwarded correctly. If you are behind a firewall, do the same and allow full access for Server.exe. Review Part Two again.

How do I run Server.exe as a service? (for Windows XP Home, Pro, 2000 & 2003 Server)

Instructions When Using Runserver.bat:

Download instsrv.exe and srvany.exe to C:\windows\system32 folder
Go to Start...Run...Type: cmd <hitenter>
At the DOS Prompt Type: CD C:\Windows\System32 <hitenter>
Next Type: instsrv AAserver C:\windows\system32\srvany.exe <hitenter>
You should receive a message stating: SUCCESS
Close Dos Prompt
Go to Start...Run...Type: Notepad <hitenter>
Copy the Code below to Notepads text area
Choose File and Save AS
Name it AAserver.reg (do not leave off the .reg extenstion)
Save the file to your desktop or somewhere easy to find
Right Click on the file AAserver.reg and Choose Merge
Choose Yes to add to registry
Choose OK to Confirm
Reboot

Code for adding AAserver to services
Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\AAserver]
"Type"=dword:00000010
"Start"=dword:00000002
"ErrorControl"=dword:00000001
"ImagePath"=hex(2):43,00,3a,00,5c,00,77,00,69,00,6e,00,64,00,6f,00,77,00,73,00,\
5c,00,73,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,33,00,32,00,5c,00,73,00,72,00,76,\
00,61,00,6e,00,79,00,2e,00,65,00,78,00,65,00,00,00
"DisplayName"="AAserver"
"ObjectName"="LocalSystem"
"Description"="America's Army Server"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\AAserver\Parameters]
"AppDirectory"="C:\\Program Files\\America's Army\\System"
"Application"="C:\\Program Files\\America's Army\\System\\runserver.bat"

The server will now start everytime the PC starts or is rebooted. You will not have DOS window open.
You can verify that it is running by:

Go to Start...Run..Type:taskmgr <hitenter>
Choose Processes Tab
Look For processes of server.exe and srvany.exe
If you see them, the server is running.

You can control the server manually by:

Go to Start...Run...Type:services.msc <hitenter>
Scroll to AAserver and Open it
From here you can Start, Stop, or Set the Startup Type to: Manual

Uninstall/ Remove AAserver as a service:
Go to Start...Run...Type:cmd <hitenter>
At the DOS Prompt Type:CD C:\Windows\System32<hitenter>
Next Type:instsrv AAserver remove <hitenter>

Uninstall/Remove AAserver Registry Entries:

Go to Start...Run...Type:Notepad <hitenter>
Copy this Code to Notepads text area
Choose File and Save AS
Name it AAserverRemove.reg (do not leave off the .reg extenstion)
Save the file to your desktop or somewhere easy to find
Right Click on the file AAserverRemove.reg and Choose Merge
Choose Yes to add to registry
Choose OK to Confirm
Reboot

Code:

I found this as a sticky on AA2 forum.I dont know if this helps.I cant find what i was looking for.
Back to top Go down
Wile E.Coyote
Clan Master
Clan Master
Wile E.Coyote

FTC HAS HONOR Empty
PostSubject: Re: FTC HAS HONOR   FTC HAS HONOR Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 9:00 pm

yeah the main problem with hosting a server from home is that it costs heaps..

first u needa buy a server box $1000+ atleast
then a uber internet connection
then pay for power

all up = lots and lots of $$$$
Back to top Go down
=]FTC[=Link
Major
Major
=]FTC[=Link

FTC HAS HONOR Empty
PostSubject: Re: FTC HAS HONOR   FTC HAS HONOR Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 5:52 am

well i know a 100% free one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

FTC HAS HONOR Empty
PostSubject: Re: FTC HAS HONOR   FTC HAS HONOR Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FTC HAS HONOR
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
=]FTC[= :: Americas Army :: Servers-
Jump to: